I've missed the past few months of Ipsy reviews because of lost bags in the mail, or damaged and missing bags when I receive my package in the mail. Ipsy has had awesome customer service and always sends out a new bag when something like this happens, but it was getting a little frustrating the past three months, when it happened every month in a row! Luckily, October's bag arrived before the end of the month, and fully in-tact! :happydance:
Ipsy's October theme was Beauty Candy. Sweet treats for a sweet look ;-) (That's not really from Ipsy, that's just my take on the whole theme).
Here's what I received in my personalized bag from Ipsy:
- City Color Be Matte lipstick in Cappuccino: I'm not a huge fan of matte lipstick. The only one I have had luck with is those from Kat Von D, and half the reason I love hers so much is because they smell like chocolate. I'm also not a huge fan of brown on my lips. I love pinks and nudes, but do have a few plum and red colors for fall, so this particular item will be going up for swap.
- Doll 10 Beauty H2Glo Highlighter: How ashamed should I be when I admit to you all that I've never really used a highlighter before? I do have a Tarina Tarantino creamy pen highlighter that I use for my under-eyes, but over my face I use an Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder, so I've never used a highlighter. I'm still unsure if I'll give this product a try or give it up for swap.
- Figs & Rouge Hand Cream in Mango Mandarin: Can I just say, that I'm not a huge lotion person? I don't use body lotion (shame on me, I know...) but when I do use anything on my hands, I want a thick cream that absorbs quickly. And this is it! I honestly didn't need another one yet, but hey, it's winter, so I might use up a full sample tube over the next few months lol. I'm a little unsure about the smell, it's kinda fake instead of fresh, but I can deal with it.
- ModelCo VOLUMEYES Extreme Black Mascara: My first issue with this product is that it came with no seal. I don't believe they should sent out mascara in a cardboard package, but at a least get a seal from the company so we know it's never been opened! That being said, I'm in love with the Urban Decay Perversion mascara that Ipsy sent me a couple months ago, so this will be going up for swap.
- Skyn Iceland Mini Glacial Cleansing Cloths: These cloths are an odd product for me, but I'm going to use them up anyway. The first thing I noticed other people mention about these is that they burn. People claim they burn their face and their eyes. So I was wary, but knew I wouldn't be passing along fire cloths to anyone else, so I gave them a shot. First impression is that they smell like cinnamon. Not sweet cinnamon, but like Red Hots (the fire breathing spiced up cinnamon candy). They remove my face makeup ok, without burning my face. But they don't remove my mascara the greatest, and it's not even waterproof! These wipes do make my eyes tingle, but definitely not burn. Long story short, I won't be buying these wipes when I use this sample up.
What did you receive in Ipsy this month? Do you like your bag?
Disclaimer: The Glitter Chic blog purchased the product(s) mentioned in this post for the purpose of review and evaluation. No monetary compensation was received for this post. This blog contains affiliate links.